Thursday, February 1, 2007

Airship

XP'd halfway through 34 and decided to help out the LS on Airship Mission. This is undoubtably one of the hardest fights in FFXI. I decided to use my BLU despite the not so optimal party setup of NIN NIN WAR BLM WHM and BLU.

The first fight was a failure. We ran out of time. I noticed BLU wasn't that spectacular in the mamet portion. Those mobs were changing to BLM and -ga'ing us a lot. It was particularly hard to Head Butt stun them. The second time through, it was just the same for this for me. I kept head butt as often as possible.

Omega was very difficult for me as a BLU. With the constant AoE attacks, it kept knocking me shadows down. This time I managed to stay alive by keeping a very close eye on my shadows. However, we still wiped, but with far more time than the first attempt.

With only 21 minutes left (as opposed to 11) we took on Ultima. This was a cake walk the 2nd time around. I equipped my dispelling spell Geist Wall to knock off its defense boost. Stun locking with head butt proved invaluable. We were able to waste this mob with the following results:

No comments: